Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Walk in the Garden

I forgot to pull up my celery plants before we went on vacation and came home to the garden to find three foot tall stocks in full bloom.
Oops, so much for the celery crop but the delicate flowers seem to be a hit with the insects! Hundreds of these little guys covered my plants. It gave me a great excuse to take pictures and put off the inevitable tasks of pulling up my giant celery plants.

These little beauties are taking over my garden and I don't mind one bit!





















I've been fascinated with sunflowers lately. So many types, colors and textures!















Apparently, I am not the only one who is captivated by the sunflowers. I was hoping to harvest my sunflower seeds but he had the same idea and beat me to it!






Luckily, he hasn't found these yet!





No comments:

Post a Comment