Saturday, September 26, 2009

My little sister

Growing up I always wanted a little sister. I would beg my Mom to have a baby but not any sibling would do, a baby sister was always my request!

When I was 7yrs old, my wish was granted when Kaysha Rose Weiner graced the world with her presence! A few hours after her birth, my Mom asked "Do you want to hold the baby? My little heart swelled with pride as my new baby sister was placed in my arms. I remember marvelling at her beautiful face and tiny hands and feet. It was love at first sight! She quickly fell asleep in my arms and I held her for what seemed liked hours. I didn't want to hand her over to anyone else fearing that they may disturb her peaceful slumber.





The love and pride that I feel for her was instanteous and has only grown through the years! Kaysha has grown into an amazing woman and I feel blessed to have a sister who I can also call one of my closest friends!





Watching Kaysha grow up I was always impressed with her fearlessness! When she finds something that sparks her interest she dives headlong into it without any second thoughts or reservations. And so it was when she discovered Photography. She threw herself into the art form she loved and has not looked back. Over the past few years Kaysha has attended countless photography classes, explored new techniques, studied about the great photographers and worked side by side with outstanding professional photographers!

I have watched her work grow and progress and it is been very exciting to see her own personal style of photography emerge. I have been awed and impressed by the beauty and range of her work! I watched from the distance as she took one beautiful portrait after another and began to wonder how I would look through her eyes? I have always been more comfortable behind the lens of my own camera than in front of someone else's so I was too shy to ask her for a portrait session. I was thrilled when she insisted that she photograph me to create portrait for my new website. We choose a beautiful location, picked out a few nice outfits and I hoped for the best. All I needed were a few decent images for my website. No big deal, right?

As we started the session I felt very self conscious and timid. Did my hair look alright? Did my outfit make me look okay? Why did I wear high heels? A million critical thoughts raced through my head. With Kaysha's gentle reassurances I began to forget about my own superficial concerns. With each frame she cooed "You look beautiful; the light makes your skin look amazing" and so on. Her sweet compliments reassured me and as the session progressed so did my confidence. I felt more beautiful that afternoon that I had in a long time!

Kaysha has a talent that few photographers' posses, not only can she create stunning imagery but she has the ability to show the person she is photographing their own unique beauty! When you step in front of her lens you start to see yourself in a new light. And it is a beautiful light...where your best features are accentuated and your flaws become invisible. You start to see yourself as Kaysha does and you realize how uniquely beautiful you truly are!

The images that she took of me are stunning and are the best pictures I have ever had taken of myself!


































Kaysha-You are an artist in every sense of the word. Your talent shines through each of your images and I can't wait to step in front of your lens again soon!

To see more of Kaysha's amazing work, please visit www.kayshaweiner.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post, it means a lot! Love you, and thanks for all your support!!!

    ReplyDelete